Vampir 9.0 released30
At the SC15 in Austin we presented our most recent improvements in performance tracking and visualizing on the road to exascale.
We introduced Vampir 9 that offers new performance charts, customizable performance metrics, extended grouping and filtering, and new support for sampling traces.
Selected highlights include:
- Combined visualization of instrumented and sampled events ensures a coherent performance analysis experience
- New sampling related statistics and counter metrics allow an even deeper understanding of measurement data and application behavior alike
- Enhanced visualization of customizable process groups allows easy analysis of idle times and further behavior that impacts performance.
- New process filter management allows comparative analysis of statistics from different process groups at the same time.
- Support for traces generated by Score-P 2.0
The latest version of Score-P 2.0 provides numerous improvements and new features. So a new measurement feature records the full calling-context information for each event. This in combination with an all-new sampling technology allows Score-P to measure application behavior with very low overheads. Careful handling of parallel paradigm invocations ensures accurate timings for these events.